Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Screenwriting links: Wednesday, July 3

Kerry Washington Says That It's 'Revolutionary' That White Women Want to be Olivia Pope [Twirlit]

Watch My Show: Twisted's Adam Milch Answers Our Showrunner Survey [TV Guide]

Latter-day Saint screenwriters talk about their movie careers, 'Despicable Me 2' [Deseret News]

8 Things We Learned About 'Freaks and Geeks' Creator Turned Film Director Paul Feig's Career in Comedy [Indiewire]

John Waters Talks To Harmony Korine: Highlights From Their Conversation at the Provincetown International Film Festival [Indiewire]

Emmys: 'House of Cards' Boss Beau Willimon Doesn't 'Give a S--- Whether Anyone Likes My Characters' [Yahoo]

19 Successful People Who Had A Rough Time In Their Twenties [Buzzfeed]

The Seven Ways To Write About Television [NPR]

Hammer of the Gods: Vikings’ Michael Hirst explains why he writes every episode of History’s new hit drama himself [WGA.org]


1 comment:

Cortney Matz said...

Hear, hear! Your thoughts echo my own strategy of making friends in the industry and passing around the plate of helpfulness. The idea of spamming a bunch of people I just met is horrific. But I guess it's like telemarketing - it must work to a certain extent, because people are still doing it. It's just not the way I want to build my career!
Thanks for your thoughts Amanda, I look forward to reading more!