From their website:
The Slamdance Screenwriting and Teleplay Competition is dedicated to discovering and supporting emerging writing talent. To that end, we are unveiling an exciting new partnership this year with JuntoBox Films who will be awarding a Grand Prize of $10,000 cash and a $50,000 production grant to the winning feature length script. JuntoBox Films’ goal of producing films and finding writers with innovative and interesting stories is a great fit with what Slamdance strives to achieve.
We welcome screenplays in every genre, on any topic, from anywhere in the world. A unique feature of the competition is providing constructive feedback for every entrant. In addition to this, we also offer a more intensive coverage service for a supplementary fee. Now in our eighteenth year, we have a history of highlighting talented, independent screenwriters and introducing them to the entertainment industry. All of our readers approach scripts differently, but in general we are looking for originality and promise in a work. As an organization, we strive to foster an independent spirit among new writers and filmmakers. We've established a strong track record through our competition successes and are committed to continuing our pursuit to champion outstanding new work.Categories:
• Original Teleplay/Webisode
• Early Deadline: Feb. 25th - March 25th, 2013
• Regular Deadline: March 26th - May 13th, 2013
• Late Deadline: May 14th - June 25th, 2013
• WAB Extended Deadline: June 26th - July 2nd, 2013
• A total of $19,000 will be awarded to the winners this year.
• Slamdance Grand Prize by JuntoBox Films: $10,000 cash and $50,000 in production funds for the best feature length screenplay regardless of category.
• The winner of the Feature, Horror, and Original Teleplay/Webisode categories will receive $3,000 each.
• The winning Short screenplay will have an option to be produced and screen at Slamdance 2014.
• The top three screenwriters in each category will receive prize packages that include Festival Passes good for all screenings and parties at the Slamdance Film Festival in Park City, Utah (January 2014)
• The top three screenwriters in the Feature and Horror category are eligible for membership in the Writers Guild of America’s Independent Writers Caucus.
• The winning Short and winning Feature screenplays will receive $2,500 in legal services from Pierce Law Group, LLP.
• The top three screenwriters in each category will receive merchandise from the Slamdance SHOP (T-shirts, beanies, etc.).
• The top three screenwriters in each category will be included in the 2014 Slamdance Film Festival program which is distributed to industry professionals in Park City and year round.
• Production companies, studios, top agencies and managers request to read our top scripts