Monday, May 21, 2012

Advice from script readers

Update: Part I of the Twitter discussion is now posted on Go Into the Story - check it out!

Late on Saturday night when I was painting my nails and watching Say Yes to the Dress super busy, the Bitter Script Reader, Nate Winslow and I got into an impromptu Twitter discussion with Go Into the Story's Scott Myers. To my new followers and readers: welcome! The chat was fun, and we'll be doing more reader discussions on Twitter soon. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to ask me questions about my experience as a reader, feel free to comment or email me. I've written two posts on Why Readers Pass, and plan to do more. I'm actually surprised I get so few questions about my perspective as a professional reader.

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Hi, I am new to LA, and aspiring screenwriter, stand-up and sitcom writer. I am delighted to have found your blog today.
My question is how does one get a reader job? It really sounds like a great way to get started in the business and learn what makes a great screenplay.
Thanks, Gail

Amanda said...

Hi Wayne - Please take a look at this post:

Hot to get a job as a script reader

Reading (or at least paid reading) isn't exactly a "get started" job.