Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jane Espenson is blogging again!

The only reason you probably ever found this blog is Jane Espenson, a TV writer who has worked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, The O.C., Gilmore Girls, Once Upon a Time & more. She used to regularly update her blog with writing advice, and one day was kind enough to link to my little blog. Eventually, Jane decided she was out of things to say. (If you're new to the blogosphere and haven't read her blog, though, you should definitely go through the archives!)

Luckily for us, Jane is blogging again - via The Huffington Post. She writes in her first post, "Is TV Writing the Best Job Ever?":

Hello, Gentle Readers. Who's up for a good blogging? I know I am! I used to blog on my own site, expounding on the art and craft of television writing. But I stopped one day when I realized that I had expounded myself into the ground. There was nothing left for me to teach. That was a few years ago, though, and since then I've learned new things and refined my thinking on a lot of the old things. Right now, I'm writing for the network hit Once Upon a Time (ABC), and for my own web series Husbands, so I'm topped off to overflowing with knowledge.

Yay! Welcome back to the web, Jane! It looks like even the pros regularly "refine their thinking" about writing. I'm glad to hear I'm on the right track.

Also, if you haven't seen her webseries Husbands yet, you can check it out here. Below is the official teaser clip:

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It is nice to see her blogging again!
I don't check huffpo very often so thanks for the heads up.

PublickOccurencez said...

"Who's up for a good blogging?"


You're gone for a few years and that's the best you can do? The clip isn't very funny. It seems like something Kevin Bright might write nowadays