Thursday, February 17, 2011

More interviews: sex, violence and comedy

Blood, Starz, Sex and CGI Magic: Steven DeKnight, creator of Spartacus
"What I find most liberating isn’t the fact that I can show naked people, that I can show really violent, horrible acts…What excites me is that I can tell stories where these things are important, where these things are integral to what’s going on."

Doing All Right: Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg, writers of The Kids Are All Right
"We wanted to win the audience in the first 30 minutes and get them to love the characters, get them to laugh with them, laugh at them at some points. Then slowly, as the seeds we sowed started to sprout, we wanted people to realize this wasn't a lighthearted romp, all of these actions had implications. We wanted you to feel the emotional heft of it by the end, and have it almost catch you by surprise."


Bookmark and Share

No comments: