Monday, September 28, 2009

What happens next?

Did you guys see the FLASHFORWARD pilot? I wasn't in love with it, but I'm intrigued enough to keep watching. I think it's a good example of the fact that pilots don't need to provide a lot of answers; they just need to provide some interesting questions that you'd like to find the answers to.



Why did everyone black out? Will the visions of the future come true? Who is behind all of this? And who is that dude in the stadium in Detroit?



Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

Annoyed Screenwriter said...

I loved it. I love lingering questions and it's kind of what my pilot will be like (see below blog entry) Hopefully they do a good job. I also loved the "Oceanic Airlines" shout out.

Nick Seguin said...

"I think it's a good example of the fact that pilots don't need to provide a lot of answers..."

Thank you! It drives me nuts that everyone's looking for a pilot that will blow America away. A pilot is a starting. It should ask questions, not give the answers.

Amy Butler said...

I've been meaning to watch it, and your post gave me the extra nudge. I liked it a lot. They gave away the plot but they didn't give way the ending. The biggest question is definitely "will the future work out like they all saw it to or won't it?" Really enjoyed the characters too. Got chills at the end. :)