Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vanity post

Today I put on lipstick and heels and a pencil skirt and you'd think I was wearing a prom dress or something. I got "you look nice today," "you look very made up today," "you look so fancy," and "you got a hot date tonight?" (The last from my boss, of course.) I mean, I guess it's nice they noticed, but I just kept thinking jeez, I must look like a real effing slob every other day of the week.

I won't be wearing the heels tomorrow, since I just slashed open the side of my big toe on what I think was an unfortunately placed staple on one of my kitchen baseboards. It all started when my stupid cat was yelping and yelping (God, his life is so hard) for dinner. So I opened some Fancy Feast AND replenished his dry food, and when I spilled a few fish-shaped pieces, I kicked them in his direction because it's kind of fun to watch him spaz out. Foot, meet staple. Then came the gushing blood. Foiled.



So I'm getting back into books. But since I'm a Hollywood snob, I'm only reading books that will live on as pilots or features. I'm almost finished with The Ten Best Days of My Life by Adena Halpern, which Fox recently bought for Amy Adams. It was only $4.99! (For me, not for Fox.) It's really lovely...exactly the combination of sweetness and ireeverence I hope to achieve in my stuff. The first line is "I died today, which is so weird." I've been hooked ever since.



Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

Michelle Goode said...

Ha ha, I had a similar comment recently when wore a skirt for the first time at work in aaages. My boss just exclaimed in a high-pitched over-interested sarcastic tone "Oooo, a skirt!" lol!

That book sounds really good! I'm surprised you find the time to read books in your busy job. I'm also surprised you still want to read after trawling through all those scripts! Go you!

Laura said...

I work at a retail store and whenever I go to work my roommate says I look really nice! I think it's because my hair isn't in a pony tail and I'm not wearing jeans...

heh. Fox wishes the script was only $4.99 :p

victoria said...

Funny! I covered this book for the agency!

victoria said...

And this is Natalia, btw. Somehow I have a different name here. Hm.

Kristan said...

Oh cool! As a writer, I'd love to keep hearing about what books you read and get picked up for TV/movies. :)

smallawei said...

情趣用品,節慶鞭炮,傳統蜂炮,情趣用品,情趣用品,視訊,免費視訊,煙火,煙火工廠,煙火,煙火,煙火,視訊,正妹視訊,真愛密碼,真愛密碼,衣蝶,衣蝶,情趣,情趣,AV女優,AV女優,煙火批發,情趣,情趣,情趣用品