Friday, November 14, 2008

How much to send?

Greg writes: I have a friend who is signed to an agency, and she has offered to forward some material to a writer's agent. I'm planning on sending a half hour spec, a half hour pilot, as well as the first three (5-8 pgs) episodes of a web series that's based on the half hour pilot. In your opinion, is this too much to send? Web Series are still relatively new, so I was wondering if you have ever heard of writers submitting material for a web series to an agency?

I don't think that's too much. As long as you think your work is polished and the best it can be, pass it along. Agents will only read as much as they want to, and may very well pass off some or all of the load to an assistant to filter it first anyway. I think the web series is fine too...many agenices have agents who deal solely in the interactive realm, so even if this particular agent doesn't make web series deals, they may work with someone who does. On any account, if agents aren't interested, they just won't read it. But I can't see how it would be a strike against you.

Good luck!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: