Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Just Kidding

Weds - the department head tells me to talk to the agent
Thurs - I talk to the agent
Fri - they tell me I've got the desk
Mon - I train
Tues - they tell me the current assistant wants the desk back

Ugh. I'm not going to get into all the details, but I'm back in the mailroom. I guess it's not that big of a deal because I'm in the same place I was last week at this time, but it's disappointing. I had kind of psyched myself up for it...I was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, the end of my agency stint. And now I'm back in the basement, no light, no tunnel.

Sometimes Hollywood just wears away at you.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Ouch...that really, really blows.

It probably doesn't help right now, but look at it this way: after 3 months (!!!) they liked you enough to put you on a desk. Another one will open up, and you'll likely be at the top of the list.

Besides, didn't you say this agent recently started veering into representing talent rather than writers? And was, um...difficult? You're probably better off in the long run.

Still...ouch.