Monday, December 10, 2007

Hooray

Yesterday my new writers group had its first meeting. It's all people I met online, but since LA is actually tiny, one member is also a member of WriteGirl (the mentorship program I volunteer with) and another member is a friend of a girl I work with at the agency. Anyway, I'm excited. After I finished my pilot I've been lax about writing so this will be a good way to get back into writing regularly. Plus, it's fun to talk to people who are as passionate about TV as I am.

Friday Night Lights finally resolved the murder plot! Yay. I thought its ending was really anticlimactic, and I'm annoyed at how Tyra totally faded into the background in the past few episodes. But now we can move on, and I think everyone's relieved. Meanwhile, it turns out the the move to Fridays as well as the strike might be great news for FNL.

3 comments:

gina said...

Hey,

I am an aspiring tv writer as well and I am looking for a writers group. I know this sounds stalkerish, but is your group still looking for members?

Amanda said...

Hi Gina,
I'm afraid we aren't looking for new members right now because we wanted to limit the number of people so we aren't overwhelmed by having too many scripts to read. But if you look around other blogs, sites, craigslist, etc., I bet you could find some good people!

Josh said...

Totally presuming Gina will be following these comments...

One great place for groups (even TV-specific groups) is Scriptwriter's Network. Unfortunately, you have to be a member (read: pay the membership fee) to join a group, but if you contact the person running the group, they'll probably let you sit in once or twice to see if you think it's worth it.