Thursday, November 8, 2007

Simple Strike Explanation

I know I said I wouldn't talk more about the strike...but I just had to share this great YouTube video about why you should support the writers. It's also good to send back to your families in wherever so you don't have to try to translate all the industry lingo for them. :)

Today was good. I wrote a character breakdown, split a Hawaiian pizza at Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and hung out with mailroom guys all day. I'd have to say the best thing about working at an agency is all the other people my age (or close to my age...since at 22 I tie for the youngest person there, besides the Intern). And with so many aspiring talent agents, there are lots of outgoing personalities. Diverse backgrounds. Future characters in my scripts. One mailroom kid mused that this is the only industry where it's okay to be "aspiring." If you said you were an aspiring doctor or an aspiring lawyer, you'd sound like a jackass. Go to med school. Take the LSATS. But aspiring writer? Actress? Musician? Sure, why not. I guess it's because there's so much competition, and there's no sure-fire path that you must take to achieve success.

No comments: