Tuesday, October 9, 2007

update

I don't really know why, but I watched Cavemen tonight. And guess what - it's a FOURTH show this season that depicts the poor, pathetic life of retail workers (this time, in an Ikea-type foreign furniture conglomerate). Weird.

So...the mailroom gig. I thought it was going to be really stressful, running around and getting yelled at and whatnot. Turns out it's pretty boring and slow. It's going to take me a while to memorize all the agents and their assistants and where they sit, but otherwise I already pretty much have the job under control. There is a lot of downtime but we are allowed to read some of the scripts so I plan to do plenty of that. I also get to leave at 6:30 which is sort of ridiculously early in this business. woo!

Did I mention I finished the rough draft of my pilot? I was on a roll on Saturday night (I have such an action social life...) and got the whole thing done. My main focus now is writing a new teaser, because the current one is a bit pointless and sets little up...but the I feel like the idea itself is a unique experience I want to include somewhere in the script...so I'm not really sure what to do about it yet. Maybe I'll have to go watch a few pilots of similar shows.

By the way...Brothers & Sisters has a lot of online behind-the-scenes stuff from writers and producers - check it out!

2 comments:

Matt said...

its most likely slow b/c of the impending strike...fucking writers are gonna cost me my job ::shakes fist:: love you, though.

i know things are becoming painfully slow here, as there aren't many casting submissions as well.

Matt said...

cavemen...i'm not gonna lie, i dont' understand why i watch it, but i do, and it's just something about cavemen talking all intellectual-like that is just amusing.

but i agree. it's absolutely stupid...but kinda addicting...haha. i do lots of "little laughs"