Saturday, October 6, 2007

Good News, Bad News

October 5, 2007

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for applying to the Warner Bros. Television Writer's Workshop. After careful evaluation and consideration of the hundreds of scripts we received, we are unable to include your submission(s) in the final round.

We wish you well in all of your future writing endeavors and thank you again for your interest in the workshop.

---

After reading Jane Espenson's post about how the workshop was only accepting 7 drama writers this year, I can't say I'm surprised. But there was this little flicker of hope...

Ah well, rejection is part of the process, right? I'll try again next year.

5 comments:

Josh said...

Jul and I just got our rejections too! Exciting.

Congrats on the job. What kind of agency is it? Talent? Literary? Multipurpose? Here's hoping you're on someone's desk in 6 months.

Good luck :)

DrJeff said...

Rejections are badges of honor. You keep them, hang them up, put 'em in a folder, and use them as inspiration.

Never give up and learn from what has come before. I've learned from trying to get a novel published that it's all about subjectivity on the part of the reviewer/reader/agent/editor and not necessarily about whether or not you're talentless.

Rich said...

Huh. Did you get your letter on the 5th? I still haven't received word back one way or the other. I guess because I'm in NY that it may be delayed. Damn Postal Holiday!

Jane said...

I got my shiny rejection, too. Am trying hard not be bummed and not to wonder why... but still, I'd love to see the notes they made on my script as they were doing the judging!

Congrats on your new job though.

xJane

Katie said...

Got my rejection today. Oh well. At least they sent out letters? idk