Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy Anniversary!

Today is the day. One month since I arrived in la la land. When I woke up this morning, the universe decided to give me a present: NO MORE WIRELESS INTERNET.

Ughhhhh. Now I have a list of just 18 wireless networks to choose from, all of them password protected. I seriously considered knocking on my nextdoor neighbors' door and asking to split their bill. (Two of the networks are full-strength, so I know they must belong to someone nearby). Until I get that shameless, I'll be rockin it here at the Sherman Oaks Public Library.

Another thing I've learned about Hollywood is that people work crazy ridiculous long-ass hours. People like my roommate, who just emailed me to schedule hanging-out time. We live together. And just cause it's funny, I have to share with you our conversation (all separate emails):

KATIE: What are we doing tonight??

ME: whatever you want to! i have that 99 cent bottle of wine...i bet we can each get drunk for 50 cents. lol

KATIE: YAYAYAY!! AND WATCH FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS??? SHALL I BRING SOME PIZZA OR SOMETHING??

ME: haha FNL sounds good to me. hmmm i could do pizza! we have some menus/coupons at home too.
btw i am at the public library right now. we have NO MORE INTERNET at our apt. :( :(

KATIE: OH NOOOOOOOOO

I'LL WAIT TO GET THE PIZZA UNTIL I GET HOME SO WE CAN COUPON IT UP

A girl after my own heart. Her caps-lock enthusiasm looked pretty hilarious above her ultra-professional assistant email signature, btw.

Job update: Got an email about a receptionist gig at a commercial production company, now I'm just waiting for a second email with what time they want me to come for an interview. I also got my resume sent into two Slightly Smaller Agencies. I think I'm pulling myself out of the depression mindset and back into Carefully Guarded Optimism.

Meanwhile, pilots are coming!!! TV Guide has a nice...well, guide. Shows I'm excited for and why:



Dirty Sexy Money - dialogue
Pushing Daisies - concept, tone
Back to You - acting, plus an attempt at a traditional sitcom
Moonlight - solely for Jason Dohring
Gossip Girl - I loved Josh Schwartz's The OC, and I love Kristen Bell
Cane - it's not about rich white people in NY/LA
Cavemen - to see if the re-shot pilot is as disastrous as people said the original one was
K-Ville - I think we need more shows that reflect real events and problems
Aliens in America - "Quirky" and "awkward." Sign me up.

Also, I just heard that The Office will stream for free on NBC.com. Exciting.

1 comment:

Scribble94 said...

Hey, found your blog while searching for info about the WB workshop. Don't knock the Sherman Oaks Public Library. Actually a great place to get writing done if you can tune out the occasional child whining. Also a great place to be a librarian (I'm not), because they get to sit on Herman freakin' Miller Aeron chairs. Anyway, good luck with the writing.