Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Central Time

Day 3 of the road trip is underway. I am currently in Minneapolis, MN, where my friend Kate lives and works as an Americorps VISTA. After spending a night in Milwaukee with my cousins (and their adorable husky puppy, Nala), Josh and I went to Madison (a cute, hippie-ish collegetown much more lively than Ithaca) for lunch and then came to MN. Today we're taking a day off from driving since tomorrow will be a 12 hour trip to Oklahoma, so we're going to live one of my childhood dreams and explore the Mall of America. We also may grab lunch with Matt Q, another Ithaca friend who lives in Minneapolis and works crazy hours as a design intern for the Star-Tribune. There are actually 4 IC alum from my scholarship program in Minneapolis, which is pretty crazy.


This is the inside of the mall. Ridiculous, right? I'm sure it will amuse us for hours.

In other exciting starting-the-rest-of-my-life news, I GOT AN APARTMENT!!! On Sunday when I arrive in LA I will officially be a resident of Sherman Oaks. After walking away from a possible deal with a sketchy landlord whose too-expensive place was still massively under construction, Katie and I opted for a smaller but cute and move-in-ready place on Murietta Ave. Check it outtt:



yes, it has a pool!



Cute, right? I'm excited. I'm not going to have anything to sleep on when I get there on Sunday but at least I won't have to live out of my car.

As for jobs...I applied for a couple, and did hear back about two paid internships, both at film production companies. One is probably going to be filled by the time I get there but I was told to call and check for sure, and the other wants me to come in for an interview so I'm just waiting to find out when. A paid internship wouldn't be ideal since it wouldn't include benefits, but if it would turn into an assistant position after a couple months it could definitely be worth it. Also, I sent in my Friday Night Lights spec into the Warner Brothers writing program. I should hear about that in October.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Let's talk about your secrets...

“Once you’ve been tagged, as I have, you must write a blog post with ten weird, random things, little-known facts or habits about yourself. At the end, choose at least 5 people to be tagged, list their names and why you picked them. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you’ve been tagged” and tell them to read your latest blog.”

Josh said...

Linked to you because Matt's a jerk and tagged me, and I saw that he tagged you as well. Congrats on the apartment in Sherman Oaks; people rag on the Valley, but in certain ways I like it a lot better than central LA or the beach cities.