Saturday, July 7, 2007

they say variety is the spice of life...

I just read an interesting article in Variety about the tendency of studios to opt for films based on video games, sequels, comic books & rides rather than sending original ideas through long and expensive development processes. There are mixed findings:
How to make box-office gold: Survey says spec scripts are key

Also in Variety, an article about network-controlled online TV:
Online TV takes a hit: Networks pulling the plug on broadband channels

And one more...you know all those great summer cable shows that I have been talking about? It looks like there may be so many that a lot of good ones don't get a chance. Yeesh. I have to admit, I haven't been able to keep up now that I don't have DVR.
Good series fight to get noticed: 'Grace,' "Order," 'Notice' worth second look

No comments: