Sunday, July 22, 2007

high school + TV

My high school is turning out a lot of people who end up on TV...fellow chorale member Neil Haskell is blowing everyone away on Fox's So You Think You Can Dance. I had my fifteen minutes on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. The most famous Red Devil is Chad Michael Murray of One Tree Hill (I probably still have the casette tape of my phone interview with him for the Buffalo News tucked away in a drawer somewhere). But a little closer to my heart is fashionista Becky Shim. When she'd give you a fashion compliment, it meant more than when anyone else did...because when the student body was wearing matching American Eagle logos across their chests, she claimed her favorite store was Urban Outfitters (not that there was one nearby). She used to wear the coolest outfits, prompting all the girls to look on in awe and claim that she come to school in a barrel and pull it off. In high school, three friends and I used to call ourselves the Ya Ya Sisters. Most of us hadn't read the book, and none of us really liked the movie...but the point was, we were really close and hung out all the time. A Ya Ya herself, Becky has found her way to reality TV fame on the N's Star Stylist. You can check out her little webisode and vote for her here!

No comments: